AWEC Acquires Mainstreams Interest on Partnering Projects

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – December 16th 2016

Calgary, AB, December 16, 2016 – Alberta Wind Energy Corporation (AWEC) is pleased to announce the acquisition of Canada Mainstream Renewable Power Ltd. (MRP) interest on their partnering projects; Windy Point Wind Farm (63MW) and Old Elm and Pothole Creek Wind Farm (300MW), both located in Alberta. Consequent to the creation of Alberta Renewable Power Limited Partnership (ARPP), AWEC is pleased to announce that the recently disclosed Joint Venture between AWEC and Boralex will own 100% of Windy Point Wind Farm and Old Elm and Pothole Creek Wind Farm.

“These two projects represent an excellent opportunity to be competitive in the upcoming REP program. We are excited to now have full control over the development of both projects through our recently formed JV and we remain committed to involving all stakeholders throughout the development.”         – Marc Stachiw, AWEC

Note: AWEC was the originator of these projects before partnering with MRP. Since then, AWEC had owned a 20% interest in these projects with MRP controlling the other 80%.

To view the announcement on the Alberta Renewable Power Limited Partnership please click here.

 

If you have any questions about this press release please contact:

 

Stewart Duncan

CEO

Alberta Wind Energy Corporation

(403) 264-1633

lsduncan@telus.net

Marc Stachiw

President

Alberta Wind Energy Corporation

(403) 266-5635

marc@albertawindenergy.com